Wednesday, April 29, 2009

First Harvest

We planted a peach tree about two and a half years ago (it was the first home improvement project we did together with my parents), and this was the first year that the tree bore fruit. I had no idea that such a young tree could produce a wheelbarrow full of peaches...

I absolutely love peaches, but our first batch was a disappointment. The peaches were small and not too sweet. We were attracting wildlife into the backyard, and I knew that it was time to pick the peaches when the grackles were following Patrick as he mowed the lawn last weekend. Next year, I hope that a peach cobbler is in order.

1 comment:

Team Oetgen said...

Now that we live in Weatherford (home of the annual Peach Festival), I'll have to get a peach tree and see if I can grow peaches like y'all do in Austin. I'm jealous that you have a wheel barrow (sp?) to put them in.