Thursday, June 4, 2009

All Kinds Of Changes And Stuff Going On!

Hello blog followers, it's Patrick. My wonderful wife has done a much better job at posting on this blog, but I promise I have all intentions of improving! Basically, 2009 has been an interesting year with many ups and downs, but regardless of anything that has happened, life is great! Kim and I are enjoying our first full year of marriage together and that could not be any better. She is an incredible wife and has been unbelievable supportive in my down time this year. We have been blessed by a crazy little dog, Ranger, who is extremely active, and has become best buddies with Brinkley (our older and more sophisticated dog). We got back from a great trip to Louisiana this weekend, where we visited with Kim's grandfather among other family members. He has lived 94 awesome years and still has the mind of a young adult. I can only pray that I have that quality of life. We leave for Boston next week, where we will witness the wedding of good friends, Dan and Jamie. Before the wedding, we will take the time to boo "A-Rod" at the Red Sox/Yankees game at Fenway Park!

As always if my life, there is so much more good than bad, but 2009 has brought challenges and stress to both Kim and me. I have experienced more doctor's visits, procedures, and scans that I have ever cared to, only to find out very little about what has been going on in my body. We did find out a few details and the are under control now, so hopefully, that is all we will have to do. Since all of the time I have spent at medical facilities and a few pills, I have been feeling pretty good. I sure hope that it stays that way. If you want more detail on what has been going on in my crazy body, just ask, and I will provide. Not too long after my medical adventure proceeded to a slowing point, big changes occurred at my place of employment. In this tough economic time, many companies are being forced to handle tough decisions and my company was sailing in that same boat. Due to a long history of financial success, my company has never really had a reason to make significant changes, including pay cuts and employment status changes, and that was quite apparent in how the situation was handled. Right now, I will not going into any detail on that, but I am currently a temporary employee at my company and I am only authorized to work when projects become available to work on. Since the unexpected change in status, I have been busy on a fairly large project. I am not sure if more projects or different employment will come my way, but I am excited to see what God has in store for my career. Regardless of what happens at my current company, a few individuals (current employees) have worked so hard and fought for me to stay, and that is something I will always remember and associate with this company. Finally, to put a little more icing on the cake, I was involved in a non-injury car accident this week. A man in a gas station parking lot was not paying attention as he backed out of his spot. With his lack of attention, he backed right into my car and caused approximately $1900 in damage. Lucky for us, he has good insurance, and my car will be repaired within 3 weeks. I hope that my rental car will be slightly fancier than my car!

With the mix of positive and negative events so far this year, I have felt more blessed than ever with great friends and support. My relationship with God, Kim, family, and friends has grown so much stronger. I cannot wait to experience whatever God has planned for the upcoming chapters in my life.

More posts will come in the near future, I promise!!

Patrick

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Keep it up with that positive attitude, Patrick. It's inspiring.

KimberlyAKM said...

Pat - your life is never dull! Love you!