Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Detrimental Sports Day in the Kainer House

Who knew that someone could get so worked up over a basketball game. Well Patrick did after this final score:

I retreated to the study to work on school, and I hardly heard anything from Patrick until the fourth quarter. At the end of the fourth, the Mavs made a huge come-back, and this is where I started to worry about Patrick. His face was red and he kept repeating "I just cannot believe this"... "I just cannot believe this"..." This is just ridiculous".."I just cannot believe this"...

This game really stressed him out. He started to calculate in his head who and where the Rockets would be playing in the first round of the play-offs, and he got even more worked up.

But what tops everything are the quotes from Patrick that followed the game:
  1. "That was the dirtiest, I mean the dirtiest, NBA game that I have ever seen"
  2. "Cuban just sat there with his wallet open"- in reference to how the game was called
  3. "The Mavs just play dirty, Yao is just too nice of a guy to play against people like that"
  4. "It doesn't matter they will all end up in jail anyways (like a typical Dallas player)"-in reference to how the Mavs played
  5. "The Rockets played clean, but the Mavs played like they were at the hoop-it-up tournament"
  6. "That little Barea guy is just as dirty as Dirk"

I'm afraid that if Patrick keeps this intensity up into baseball season, we'll have him on blood pressure medication by September.

No comments: