Saturday, August 18, 2012

From sweet shop to sweat shop

I've always had a passion for baking and cake decorating , but lately I've been looking to learn a new craft. In my last post I talked about getting back into sewing, and in the last couple of months I've taken it to a whole new level. Our poor dining room was converted into what my mom coined a Chinese factory to produce hand made grocery bags. At this point, I think I've made about 15 in the last month and a half. Here are some photos of the factory and one of the finished products:



Last night, my mom and I took a class on oil cloth & laminated cotton, and we made a doc kit and 3 nested makeup bags. I really enjoyed working with the new fabric and zippers, and absolutely love how these turned out. I think the factory is going to reopen for the production of more of these guys:



No comments: